Garcinia Cambogia extract is one of the popular and most sought after weight loss supplements available in the market. In recent past, it was touted as ‘the holy grail of weight loss’ by the fitness experts, which made it a hot topic of discussion on several medical forums. As it has gained a high reputation in the health and fitness world, most of us look Garcinia as a natural fat-burner only. Today, we are here with some interesting facts related to the herbal supplement. Let’s start!
1. Garcinia Cambogia is a tropical fruit that is widely cultivated in southern India, Indonesia, Myanmar and other Asian countries.
2. It was known as Garcinia Cambogia, previously. Now, the tree has as new botanical name-Garcinia gummi-gutta. Some of its other names include- Malabar tamarind, brindle berry, gambooge and kokum butter oil tree.
3. The citrus, fleshy has a multi-lobed appearance and resembles a cross between a pumpkin and a tomato. Also, the colour of the fruit varies from greenish-yellow to pale pink, depending on its ripeness level.
4. Although Garcinia Cambogia extracts recently being sold in the market as weight loss capsules, the fruit holds a folk culinary importance.
5. The raw flesh of the fruit can pucker your lips.
6. The sun-dried and smoked pulp called as kadampuli is used to impart a tangy and smoky flavour to south-Indian recipes, most common being the fish curry.
7. The secret to its weight loss properties lies in the skin of the fruit. Its rind contains a high concentration of hydroxycitric acid that is believed to instigate quick weight loss.
8. As per the US food and agriculture organization, the kernels of the fruit is made up of 30 percent of fats. Therefore, these seeds are occasionally used as a substitute for cooking oils and ghee, a kind of clarified butter that forms a staple ingredient in Indian kitchens.
9. Besides weight loss, the extract is used to treat other health conditions such as diabetes, ulcers, constipation, diarrhoea etc.
10. The prominent claim about the supplement is that it can help you whittle down stubborn pockets of body fat, suppress appetite and boost athletic endurance.
Weight loss is one of the priority health goals for most of us. After all, a large section of people is affected by unexplained weight gain due to various factors such as unhealthy food habits, stressful work routine, modern lifestyle and many more. In such scenarios, you would like to discover a safe and effective, preferably a herbal supplement for weight loss. Garcinia Cambogia capsules form one of this kind. Garcinia Cambogia supplement contains the extract of a tropical fruit that is primarily grown in the coastal areas of Southern India and other Asian countries. Before we began discussing the role and efficacy of Garcinia Cambogia extract in weight loss, let’s first know more about the fruit in detail.
Garcinia Cambogia: An introduction
Garcinia Cambogia is a pumpkin-shaped, fleshy and citrus fruit that is native to southern India and Asian countries such as Indonesia and Myanmar. This tangy fruit holds traditional culinary importance and is being used to add tartness to curries and sauces. In the recent past, it gained hype as ‘the holy grail of weight loss,’ and many pharmaceutical companies have launched Garcinia Cambogia extract capsules as a potent natural fat-burning supplement.
Garcinia Cambogia extract vs. weight management–
While fitness and nutrition experts tout Garcinia Cambogia extract as a powerful fat-burner, it is obvious for you to think how citrus fruit can help you lose extra kilos. Well, the answer lies in the peel of the fruit. Yes, it’s true. The rind of Garcinia fruit contains hydroxycitric acid, a phytochemical that is looked upon as a precursor to weight loss. This bioactive compound is believed to block the activity of citrate lyase enzyme, which is responsible for converting carbohydrates into body fats. Also, it elevates the level of happy hormone ‘Serotonin’ in the brain and uplifts the mood, thus allowing you to curb unwanted hunger pangs under emotional or stressful circumstances.
Is it a magic pill for weight loss?
Although Garcinia Cambogia capsules are considered one of the most powerful herbal supplements for weight loss, it is not a miracle cure. In fact, it is true for all dietary supplements that exist. However, this ayurvedic fat-burner works wonders when combined with a healthy diet and regular exercising.
Does it benefit health in other ways too?
Off course! Weight loss is not the sole benefit of Garcinia Cambogia capsules. Some other health benefits of these pills include-
- Enhanced energy levels
- Better athletic endurance
- Improved digestion
- Suppressed appetite
- Healthy skin
How to use Garcinia Cambogia pills-
As you decide to start Garcinia Cambogia pills for weight loss, a lot of questions about its usage may strike your mind. Well, using the supplement is easy. All you need to do is to take one capsule, two times a day with a glass of lukewarm water at least 30 minutes before meals.
Generally, Garcinia Cambogia extract is considered safe for most healthy people; however, it may trigger certain side effects such as nausea, skin rashes, dizziness and vertigo in a few cases. Also, the supplement is not intended for use by people who are-
- Pregnant or breastfeeding
- Receiving treatment for a medical condition
- Allergic to any of its ingredients
- Children below the age of 18 years